The Handmade Home is a full service rehab, construction and design firm with an exclusive product line, at The Handmade Home Studio.
June 26, 2017byashley @ the handmade home
Psssstttt its that time of the year again, our 2019 free planner with over 350 customizable files ishere!
I started thinking about our free planner 2018,and for some reason, it felt appropriate to start with this photo. So it just felt suitable that it was at the beginning of the post.Almost like I just got out of school, hopped off the bus, and had to run over to your house and dump it out on the floor for you to see the goodies inside. Yes, sometimes I am a small child.
Because the labor of love is out again, and Im so excited to use it myself, and get my organization on this photo just felt appropriate.
Psssst: Be sure to check out our post on all things organizationherewith more tips + free printables! + subscribe to ourchannel hererefresh if the video isnt loading Im looking at you, Safari users
I thought that theHandmade Hideawaywould be our longest post. In the history of ever.
Weve received the emails, social media messages, tweets, smoke signals, sky writing and morse code. And were super thrilled to bring ourfree planner 2018back foranyone and everyone who starts their planning early! Get your 2017 here We say its the perfect time of the year to get your organization back up and running! See: next up for us purge even more of the things! Wheeeeeeee!
I think you either get planners, or you dont. I personally hate the digital version of planners. Im a global learner, and I need color and I need to write down listsfor my listsin order to remember.
I feel accomplished when I mark something off or file it away in its rightful place. I take plannerssoseriously, that Emerson follows me around with her own small planner and old flip phone that we let them play with, telling us all where we need to be and where. She put one of her own together this year with our printables and is loving every moment feverishly marking away. I guess that should tell me something. Perhaps I should hire her as my own personal assistant?Jamin laughs at me and says he just doesnt get it as he types away on his bland digital version hes totes missing out.
Were loving the look this year: a fun mix of some of our classic patterns, digital art, and a touch of handmade watercolor for a one of a kind look. And the best part? With so many options, hundreds of files, over 200, to be precise and different pages, you can cater it to whatever you wish depending on your needs and likes. The possibilities aretruly endless.
Just a little note:Were pleased to offer both our classic A5 and A4 sizes again this year. The A5 has been upgraded a bit to a slightly larger size, but it willstillfit all classic A5 planner sizes. We just needed a little more wiggle room on the smaller paper size. Im actually using both sizes in tandem this year, but Ill share more on that, coming up.
Without further ado, our free planner 2018:
Psssst! Nothing makes us happier than seeing them put to good use. Usethehandmadehomefreebiesoninstagram, and wed love to see them there!
First up: Our free planner 2018 covers
And of course, what would a free planner 2018 be without that all important info page? Because patterns on top of patterns make me giddy:
Contacts A4:I simply hole punch these on the left and right sides so that the pages face each other
Goals pages: dream big. Because sometimes its fun to look back later and see what you tackled that year
Our divider/quote pages are back this year, with 13 options for patterns.
We think theyre prettier and more inspiring than ever.
But then again, were totally biased
•A4 face toward the sun floral
•A4 value of a moment trellis
A4 go do them grey stripe
•A4 coal under pressure cloud nine
A4 extraordinary destiny multi stripe
A4 future blue floral watercolor
A4 soul happy yellow polkadot
A4 dont miss out multi
A4 good in the world blue watercolor
A4 conquer that fear yellow watercolor
•A4 pair of wings blue watercolor
•A4 without cake its just a meeting pink floral
•A4 leap of faith plaid
•A5 face toward the sun floral
A5 value of a moment trellis
•A5 go do them grey stripe
A5 coal under pressure cloud nine
•A5 future blue floral watercolor
A5 soul happy yellow polkadot
A5 dont miss out multi
A5 good in the world blue watercolor
A5 conquer that fear yellow watercolor
•A5 pair of wings blue watercolor
•A5 without cake its just a meeting pink floral
A5 leap of faith plaid
And what would a planner be without calendar views?
Were in love with all the options this year!
•A4 February yellow polkadot
•A4 August watercolor leaves
•A4 September floral watercolor
•A4 September blue watercolor
•A4 October blue floral watercolor
•A4 November yellow polkadots
•A4 December watercolor green
•A4 December floral watercolor
•A5 February yellow polkadot
•A5 August watercolor leaves
•A5 September floral watercolor
•A5 September blue watercolor
•A5 October blue floral watercolor
•A5 November yellow polkadots
•A5 December watercolor green
•A5 December floral watercolor
We have two patterns this year, and then one simple that was left blank for more writing room:
One of our favorite elements this year are a few new additions we had up our sleeves: Bookmarks
Bookmark universal size:To Do bookmark
And these fun tabs that work with your planner to hold your place. You can laminate, or leave plain for more lists of the day.
An additional fun elementweve added, is stickers!
Total side tangent, but this is my new fave gadget.The Create a Sticker Machine.So of course we had to include a few custom stickers in the free planner for the superdorks out there like us.
Simply print, cut, and turn the knob. The kids are pretty smitten, too.
They come out ready to go on a slick sheet, just like a sticker. They have both permanent and temporary adhesives.
For these tabs, we added a few more cuts, wrote what we needed, and folded them over.
With arrows and cute patterns and inspiring little pieces, we cant wait to see what you do!
Our inspiration pages are just as cute as ever, for those of you who like to use it as a sketchbook as well:
We included more budget pages this year in the free planner:
Our new and improved cleaning schedule sheets:
Weve also addedmileage sheets:A4A5
Andtime sheetsfor anyone keeping track of clients.A4+A5
Lesson plans: Available in three different formats:
1. The first set is formatted with a homework column:
•A4 lesson plan homework peacock
•A4 lesson plan homework cloud nine
•A4 lesson plan homework yellow watercolor
•A5 lesson plan homework peacock
•A5 lesson plan homework cloud nine
•A5 lesson plan homework yellow watercolor
2. The second set is for anyone working with a single child or per child format:
•A4 lesson plan one child peacock
•A4 lesson plan one child cloud nine
•A4 lesson plan one child yellow watercolor
•A5 lesson plan one child peacock
•A5 lesson plan one child cloud nine
•A5 lesson plan one child yellow watercolor
3. And the third is for multiple children, with a column at the top for additional names:
•A4 lesson plan multiple names peacock
•A4 lesson plan multiple names cloud nine
•A4 lesson plan multiple names yellow watercolor
•A5 lesson plan multiple names peacock
•A5 lesson plan multiple names cloud nine
•A5 lesson plan multiple names yellow watercolor
And per request last year, we now haveattendance sheets.A4A5
Ourchore charts are the same format from last year and probably one of our favorite parts of our free planner.
Chore Charts: •weekly chores plaid, •weekly chores floral,•weekly chores stripe
Anyone keeping track of schoolwork at home? We simply printed these out, and laminated them. With their work listed on one side, they can keep up with it during the school year or summer months. From reading to mathIts helped us help them take initiative.
•school charts_floralschool charts plaidschool charts bluelemon drop
Our favorite planners/supplies/things that make us happy and keep us organized:
• Were in love withthis fabulous A4 binderfor all things planning. Im using both planners in tandem this year one as a planner, another as a sketchbook/business set up. Ill be sharing more on that in the future. But if A4 is your size, this is our new fave. It has an odd texture thats fun to the touch. Yes, that probably sounds weird but youll know what Im talking about when you open it up. It feels kinda luxe the photos dont do it justice.
• You can find our oldie but goodie that weve used for years,here.
• Thisblue onehad me at hello. More colors,here. All of the colors. Seriously were smitten.
• Thepink oneis slightly smaller, and what we featured last year still available in purple.
Paperclips, Smash Bands and Tassles, oh my!
• We paired said binder with thisfun smash bandfor a little extra flair, because its all in the design, ya know. Ineedtogetoutmore
• We usedpaper clips from hereas tabs to group some of our pages together, paired withthesethese, for all things super adorable office supplies.
• We paired them with thesefauxleather tasselsto helpkeep up with all the things. Because tassels. Theyre super cute strung on a paper clip, and put on the top of a divider or bookmark as shown above.
• If I die, they can pry this pencil from mycold, dead fingers.Ive used it since college and theres no going back. Ever.
•ThisMircon Penis my go-to for standard pen love. Paired withthese fun colorsfor all things keeping it straight. It seriously helps when I can see all the colors. No, I dont really care if this makes me look like a 7th grader. 7th graders are cool.
•Washi Tape because rainbow colors are all the rage.
• Thishole punchis useful for all things A5 sizes
• Not shown but linked above sticker machine from here
We have slightly different colors and different file selections inour(2017) option.We didnt diverge much so it wouldblend well if you added to it. We hope youcan choose, pick, andenjoy our free planner!
• If youre new here, be sure to check out all of our free printables,here+ our spaces,here. All posts in chronological order,here.
• Nothing makes us happier than seeing them put to good use. Usethehandmadehomefreebiesoninstagram, and wed love to see them there!
1. What kind of paper do you print this on?Cardstock is what we love best. Its probably not the most practical but it makes our free planner 2018 feel official and stuff. Because planning may just be how we rule the world so that makes it important. Its great for all things dreaming and scheming, but any will do! The regular size will fit perfectly on an 8.5 x 11 just click, print, hole punch and use.
A note on printing: For the A4 option, we recommend selecting Scale to media when printing out. This will give you a small white border on all sides of your paper, no cutting required. If you wish to have bleeds with a few small cuts, use just a plain old printing, and see how your printer reacts to the files, at first. It should only result in a little trimming.
The smaller size will still fit on a standard sheet, just cut to your preferred (smaller A5 size) and use Be sure to print these with a crop mark option to make it easier to trim.
2. Can you print this on two sides?I actually use the blank sides for extra sketching space So I prefer the blank sides. But if you want to print on two sides, you can take it to a professional printer, or depending on your printer settings, try to run your paper back through to get it on the next side. This will vary for everyone depending onwhat they have to work with of the printer variety, and will probably require a little experimenting on your part.
3. Can you tell me how to print on both sides?Unfortunately, this all depends on what route you choose to take and which printer you use. So that makes us about as useful as, well, this answer.
4. How much will this cost to print? How much paper will it use?There are so many options for this, it all depends on you: How many you print at a time, what you decide to print, etc. We would recommend getting a few quotes, but the cheapest option will be at home if you already have a printer. Either way, its still cheaper than purchasing one!
5. I dont see my size.Can you provide my size?We have them available in the two sizes listed. However, you can try resizing it for your printer/computer through various programs like Photoshop, or taking it to a professional. Also, you can just print out one of our sizes, laminate the covers, and have it bound at a local print shop. Plenty of our fabulous readers have done this. We hope these suggestions help!
6. Can I take these to a professional printer? Will I be allowed to print them there?Absolutely. These are free.Just give me the blood of your firstbornWe just ask that yourespect copyright laws by not selling them Or copying them and passing them off as your own. Or throwing them at our heads. All of these things have happened. Therefore, its necessary for us to write this. Share, and enjoy!
7. How did you create these?I am a graphic designer, so the files were created in both Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop from handmade art. These designs are original to us.
8. Why are all of these in separate files?Options, Options, Options.
This makes them easier for us to manage on our end, and as the years go by, easier for you to download. Each year dont worry, we will also have one for 2019 available bynext summerwill come with different features, and it helps to pick and choose what you want to add to your own personal collection as you go. (Also, were human and will make mistakes. We will be shocked if there is not a single edit that needs to be made.) So this makes for easy quick fixes as soon as were notified, depending on the file. Whoops. Ive officially over explained myself.
9. Can you print this out, prepare it, and mail this to me?No.
10. Regarding additions, changes, personal preferences for color, suggestions, questions and complaints:
We really do hope that you enjoy our free planner 2018. We will definitely consider changes for the future, and appreciate friendly suggestions. We take those toheart each year and make thoughtful changes to the design and new additions. Thank you so much for those!
Please bear with us while we explain Unfortunately, personal preferences will be different for everyone. We know that somepeople dont like turning their planner to the side for themonthly view, because its hard. And some people dont like the colorsbecause they give them headaches. And some people think were idiots. We know, because we have received these actual messages over a free planner 2018. Wheeeeee!
This was a planner made from scratch and original designs which adds up toa couple of weeks of work believe it or not. If we tried to meet every single demand, we would never be able to play with our children. Let alone feed them. At some point, we have to have boundaries.So it kind of is what it is.We know we cant please everyone.
The options seen are the ones that are available.There are a ton of options here. The entire thing is over 200 files total, for a lot of fun choices at your fingertips to create from the choices available with what you like, best. All of that said, please feel free tonotdownload the planner, ifit doesnt meet your needs. We know that this is not for everyone.
Thank you so much in advance for your understanding.If youre still reading this, youthe real MVP.
Thank you so very much for stopping by, and please enjoy + share with everyone you know that way we can bring it to you next year!
Psssst! Nothing makes us happier than seeing them put to good use. Usethehandmadehomefreebiesoninstagram, and wed love to see them there!
:: This post contains affiliate links. Between these links and you sharing the free planner 2018 with your friends, it is how we are able to make this planner for free each year. Please read our full disclosure pertaining to partnershipshere::
As always, let us know if you use them! Wed love to hear. Happy creating and have an inspired day!
Thanks so much for all the effort and time and creativity you put into this site and the contents you create! Brava! I absolutely love the site and have done several of the DIY projects, and have several more I plan for the house were buying. Theyre easy to follow and even with my my lack of talent/creativity they have come out to my satisfaction..lol I love these Planner sets! I have a question..are they possibly available in a zip set of each version? Thanks again so much for an amazing and fun site!
Im sorry..I think I posted that wrong so trying again:( Thanks so much for all the effort and time and creativity you put into this site and the contents you create! Brava! I absolutely love the site and have done several of the DIY projects, and have several more I plan for the house were buying. Theyre easy to follow and even with my my lack of talent/creativity they have come out to my satisfaction..lol I love these Planner sets! I have a question..are they possibly available in a zip set of each version? Thanks again so much for an amazing and fun site!
I went to Office Depot to get some printing supplies. I thought I would look at the refills for next years planner. The choices were expensive and not EXACTLY what I want or was looking for. Your sight gave me everything I was looking for to choose from. I would like to see some beach scenes or water scenes when you start designing next years pages.
Website Development and Hosting byEvenpar Solutions
Have you seen our videos?WATCH THEM ALL HEREDismiss